Friday, January 16, 2015

Catch the bug Free Friday / Thanks for being awesome

Friday January 16, 2015
 
Friday and that means Free Friday at Catch the bug
Todays Free image is AKV SOCCER GIRL
 
 
This is my card using the free image. I took a manila tag and ranger inks and colored it.. using the water spritz and placing the card in the ink until I got the effect I wanted.  Then I used an embossing folder on the red/orange card and cut the corners to mimic the tag. Added some white floss, small piece of mesh and then cut the image out and used pop dots and raised her over the tags. I had a great sentiment from Verve and thought this would fit nicely. I thought it would be nice for a parent/ aunt/uncle/ friend to give the sport person in your life for a little encouragement card.   Win or loose it's how you play and being awesome.    I hope you head over to Catch the bug / Bugaboo and grab your free image.. While it is free..
 

Challenges:
Crafty cardmakers and more #130 - something old (papers) something new (image)
Crafty sentiment - girly
Papertake weekly - It's all new - image
Penny's paper crafty #210 - atg

recipe: akv soccer girl/ctb, su, scrap, tag, verve sentiment, ranger inks, mesh, thread, embossing folder, corner chomper, copics, white pen for dots on bag.




8 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful colouring and fabulous card Ginny x

crafty said...

What a fabulous idea for a card. This one should certainly encourage someone. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Mary DT

Jac’s Playground said...

Love the effect on the tag and the bright bold colours of the image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

Monika Reeck said...

Your TAG oh woow full with all texture..its like vintage TAG
and you DID IT AGAIN TAG CARD yeah love this Billie, love how you colored her hair and the vibrant color on her this time I did not see any DP on your card yeah...lovely design too Billie..
Hugs, Monika

NGCARDS said...

This is a great creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Debbie Adams said...

What an awesome card, Billie. I like how you added the mesh and floss to the card. And the tag looks awesome. :D I think any one would enjoy receiving this card. :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
Deborah DT

Laurian said...

Beautiful project!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

julie_woolston said...

Love the beautiful detail on the tag and layout.
Thanks for sharing at Crafty Cardmakers and more.
Hugs Julie x